Reaver sword

Home Forums DISCUSS THE LATEST ISSUE Reaver sword

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  hazard 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Graeme
    Participant

Good article. How on earth did you come up with her awesome name!? You ask who’s evil and who’s good. An old boys cabal of doddering patriarchy privilege on legs gaslighting a young woman who seeks equality. Hm.

The sword’s name is a bit badass for a basic +1 longsword. I guess if someone snatched it from the Astral Plane there’s got to be a story there somewhere. If it was used to sever someone’s silver tether, then maybe Cleaver would be more appropriate. Maybe there’s your future article.

hazard
    Keymaster

Oh dear.

Did I put something in there that said they were chaps? Maybe it’s my writing. In my head it was a gerontocratic thaumocracy with no gender-based power structure. Was it the use of “girl” perhaps?

The definition of Reaver it’s named after is “plundering forager”. I know that the word has other meanings but I thought it was a cool title and, at the time it enters the game, it will be unknown and may even be destroyed before it gains any reputation.

Graeme
    Participant

Yes, to be fair, I did assign the male gender to the thaumocracy but it works the same if you consider them the 1%.

Plundering forager: yes, that’s good.

hazard
    Keymaster

Those 1%ers!!!

Thanks for the feedback.

The name just sort of came to me. The -ione is probably from Harry Potter but the front bit’s a bit of a mystery.

Lavender
    Participant

I like the story of the silver-tethered adveturer into the abyss. I totally want to play it Also, stripping one of magic also strips one of the mind I see your sneaky redundancy! The mind is magic, right? I like it!

hazard
    Keymaster

Thank you. I’m pleased you liked it, and nicely done for spotting the true horror of the zej’krábat!

Stand by for the Silver Tethered adventurer…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.